1) Examinations will be held for every course taught. Semestral examinations are held at the end of each semester. If circumstances require (for block courses) and at the discretion of the President of the Institute, examinations may also take place at the end of a course.
2) Examinations may be oral or written, with or without a certain percentage of marks allotted to a written assignment or an internal assessment (at the discretion of the individual professors). For any change in the schedule of the exams, the permission of the Controller of Examinations is necessary.
3) Those students who are unable to attend the examinations due to illness or any other valid reasons, should obtain a letter from the concerned superiors and submit it to the President.
4) No student will be allowed to repeat an examination if she/he has passed with low marks in a subject. The students who fail in one or more subjects are to repeat the same in the second session of examinations at the beginning of the following semester. The dates of the second session of examinations are indicated in the calendar. Maximum of only 69% can be awarded in the second session. Marks obtained in the second attempt will be indicated as such in the record of marks
5) If a student fails in any four subjects (including those in the second attempt) in a year, she / he will not be awarded the Degree Certificate.
6) Candidates copying in the examinations / copying a thesis, if proved, will be debarred from the Institute for a period of one year (Art 30/3).
7) Marks Grading System
Pass Mark 40
III Class 41-59
II Class 60-69
I Class 70-79
Distinction 80 and above
Presentation of Dissertation
¨ The candidate has to register his topic of dissertation by submitting to the Registrar the duly filled-in form of registration after having obtained the signature of his / her moderator.
¨ Dissertation should be typed in white paper of good quality and sufficient opacity. All sheets of paper used should be of the same quality. Manifold paper should not be used.
¨ An “A4” size paper should be used for dissertation. The text of the dissertation should be typed with 1.5” line spacing, except in the case where quotations are given in indent. A space of 1.5” on the left margin and a space of 1” on the right margin should be kept. A space of 1” should be kept on the top and the bottom of the page. Dissertation should be typed only on one side of the paper.
¨ Number of Pages: The dissertation should be of 40-60 pages. This page limit, does not include the Bibliography and the Appendices. Exceptions may be given to the page limit on the written permission of the moderator (125 pages).
¨ The B.Ph. students should submit two copies of their dissertation on the date prescribed in the calendar.
¨ The cover page shall have the format approved by the Institute.
A dissertation submitted without following the above requirements will not be accepted.